The Institute has a number of well-equipped laboratories, which allows to operate at various levels of the process of research and technological innovation.
The “Facilities” section of the website offers a complete and detailed tour of these valuable resources.
In addition to this, ICMATE wants to propose a journey that, from week to week, will lead to the discovery of its vast technology park.
This week's featured laboratories
Observation of inorganic, organic and biological samples on solid support in air and liquid with atomic resolution in STM and AFM mode.
Surface diagnostics (BAM, ellipsometry and AFM) for the mechanical, thermodynamic and structural characterization of mixed interfacial layers at liquid interfaces. Microhardness and surface roughness measurements.
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM);
- Brewster angle microscopy (BAM) /even on Langmuir balance;
- Ellipsometry /even on Langmuir balance;
- 3D Sensofar S-Neox non-contact optical profilometer (confocal + interferometric + focus variation) with resolution of the order of nm for the analysis of opaque or transparent surfaces and the measurement of thin films thickness;
- Microhardness measuring instrument Micro indenter Leica VM HT MOT.