The Institute has a number of well-equipped laboratories, which allows to operate at various levels of the process of research and technological innovation.
The “Facilities” section of the website offers a complete and detailed tour of these valuable resources.
In addition to this, ICMATE wants to propose a journey that, from week to week, will lead to the discovery of its vast technology park.
This week's featured laboratories
Analysis of powder materials for what concerns the density, the specific surface area, the open porosity in the range from 1 to 1000 nm, the determination of decomposition, phase transition and reaction temperatures by TG-DTA in controlled atmosphere, the densification by dilatometry (TMA). Acquisition and analysis of powder X-ray diffraction data. Particle size analysis by dynamic light-scattering (DLS) and Zeta potential measurement.
- Helium pycnometer for density measurements;
- Instrument for the measurement of surface area and porosity by nitrogen adsorption (BET method);
- Dilatometer for the evaluation of the sintering kinetics and thermal expansion coefficient, up to 1700 °C;
- Thermogravimetry and differential thermal analysis (TG-DTA), up to 1400 °C;
- X-ray powder diffractometer with automated samples management;
- Particle size analyser by dynamic light-scattering (DLS) and Zeta potential measurement.