Project name:InnoWEE - Innovative pre-fabricated components including different Waste construction materials reducing building Energy and minimising Environmental impacts
ICMATE involved researchers:
Starting date, ending date and duration:October 2016 - October 2020 (48 months)
Project funding:This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 723916 , Work Programme topics addressed: EeB-04-2016.
Links:LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/groups/8523567Twitter: @innowee_h2020
InnoWEE will focus on the development and field tests of new high performance prefabricated geopolymeric panels made with a large content of recycled construction and demolition waste (CDW). The basic idea is to embed fragmented waste bricks, plaster or concrete, glasses, wood from pallets etc. in a geopolymer matrix to produce high added value prefabricated insulating and radiating panels to be used in energy efficient buildings. The proposal is based on:
- Recovery, selection and treatment of CDW to yield suitable secondary raw materials for panel production.
- Development of new high performance prefabricated insulating façade panels and radiating panels for indoor walls and ceilings.
- Installation of panels in demo sites to evaluate their performance in terms of energy use.
- Use of an integrated design process and a holistic approach for the whole life cycle of the materials and components.
- Creation of practical solutions easy to integrate and install into building designs, meeting the current standards and taking in consideration the needs of stakeholders.
- Dissemination activities to ensure a strong acceptance of stakeholders/end users/SMEs.
The role of the ICMATE-CNR can be reassumed in the following points:
- Identification of typologies of CDW suitable to be mixed with geopolymer binders.
- Optimization of geopolymer binder formulations to incorporate min 40% inorganic CDW and min 50% wood.
- Development of prototypes of radiating panels, ventilated façade panels and prefabricated ETIC panels.
- Mechanical, physical and chemical characterization of materials and products.
- Dissemination activities.