The Institute has a number of well-equipped laboratories, which allows to operate at various levels of the process of research and technological innovation.
The “Facilities” section of the website offers a complete and detailed tour of these valuable resources.
In addition to this, ICMATE wants to propose a journey that, from week to week, will lead to the discovery of its vast technology park.
This week's featured laboratories
Investigation of the interfacial properties of surfactant systems and mixed surfactants-nanoparticles layers at liquid/air and liquid/liquid interfaces. These systems are characterized as concerns their phisico-chemical and dynamic properties. The accessible range of temperature spans from 5 to 50 °C.
Interfacial Tensiometry and rheology
- Drop/bubble profile analysis tensiometers for surface tension measurements and interfacial rheology in liquid-liquid and liquid-gas systems;
- Capillary pressure tensiometer (CPT/ODBA) for dynamic measurements and interfacial rheology in liquid-liquid and liquid-gas systems;
- Tensiometer for liquid films and bubbles/drops coalescence (DBMM);
- Maximum Bubble Pressure (MBP) tensiometer;
- Du Nouy tensiometer;
- Apparatus for contemporary measurements of contact angle and dynamic surface/interfacial tension;
- Langmuir balance equipped with Wilhelmy tensiometer and device for the deposition of Langmuir-Blodgett films.
- Brewster Angle Microscopy (BAM), used for the 2D analysis of the mixed surface layer structure;
- Ellipsometry, used for the evaluation of the mixed surface layer thickness.
Preparation of surfaces and coatings
- Device for the Langmuir-Blodgett film deposition.
- Interfacial Tensiometry and rheology