Investigation of the interfacial properties of surfactant systems and mixed surfactants-nanoparticles layers at liquid/air and liquid/liquid interfaces. These systems are characterized as concerns their phisico-chemical and dynamic properties. The accessible range of temperature spans from 5 to 50 °C.
Interfacial Tensiometry and rheology
- Drop/bubble profile analysis tensiometers for surface tension measurements and interfacial rheology in liquid-liquid and liquid-gas systems;
- Capillary pressure tensiometer (CPT/ODBA) for dynamic measurements and interfacial rheology in liquid-liquid and liquid-gas systems;
- Tensiometer for liquid films and bubbles/drops coalescence (DBMM);
- Maximum Bubble Pressure (MBP) tensiometer;
- Du Nouy tensiometer;
- Apparatus for contemporary measurements of contact angle and dynamic surface/interfacial tension;
- Langmuir balance equipped with Wilhelmy tensiometer and device for the deposition of Langmuir-Blodgett films.
- Brewster Angle Microscopy (BAM), used for the 2D analysis of the mixed surface layer structure;
- Ellipsometry, used for the evaluation of the mixed surface layer thickness.
Preparation of surfaces and coatings
- Device for the Langmuir-Blodgett film deposition.
- Interfacial Tensiometry and rheology